The World Cup may be over, but back home football is about to start a new season – and PPS will be there to help kick things off.
As a company, we always try to be on the ball and support other local organisations, whether business, charity or leisure.
Following many years of sponsoring FC Halifax Town, we’ve decided to pitch in at a higher level this season, continuing our support as a Senior Club Partner.
The club has recently taken the major step of becoming a full-time football club again, which has made it even more important to secure vital sponsorship from businesses such as PPS.
As a Senior Club Partner, we will see the PPS logo on the front of the first away shirt and the back of the second away shirt.
Ben Bottomley, Commercial Manager at FC Halifax Town, said: “PPS plays a vital role in supporting the club and we are really pleased to see the company reach this level of sponsorship. It’s a crucial time for the club and we very much appreciate the support.”
Gary Whitaker, Managing Director of PPS, said: “We have been supporting the club for some years now and we are pleased to be able to step up our sponsorship contribution at an exciting time in the club’s history. We wish the teams every success in the coming season.”
FC Halifax Town – five things essential facts.
1. Having started its first season (2008-9) in the Northern Premier League Division One North, FC Halifax Town now plays in the National League.
2. Home games take place at The Shay stadium, hence the nickname The Shaymen.
3. Former professional player James Fullarton – who played in the Scottish league, France and England – took over as manager in February 2018. He brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge, and has high ambitions for the club.
4. Our relationship with the team began back in 2002, when we first sponsored the club in its earlier incarnation as Halifax Town AFC, before it relaunched as FC Halifax Town in 2008.
5. Between 18 April 2009 and 20 November 2010, the club were unbeaten for 30 league games at the Shay.